Operations Director (Equity Buy-in opportunity)
Our client is a successful, innovative group of companies, t/o c£25m-£30m involved in manufacturing leading-edge, advanced materials, including hi-tech fabric materials, textiles, nonwovens, filters, and FDA Food & PTMA Tobacco grade packaging. It supplies unique high quality and global-leading products into diverse industry sectors, including into Tobacco Alternatives, Healthcare, Food, Industrial, Packaging, and into many other sectors.
With strong investment to date and current incentive opportunities, the company has grown both organically and through acquisition.
This is a very exciting time to join this growing company and offers a rare buy-in opportunity to an ambitious and proven Operations or Manufacturing Director.
- We are seeking a passionate ‘Operations Director’ to drive change and improvement across two manufacturing sites. The role will be based at the Head Office site and will require occasional travel to the North West site.
- Joining a new Board team of four, reporting to the CEO, you will develop an Operations strategy on competitive priorities, to support the ambitious development plans and short/long term objectives of the business.
- This is a top-level leadership and management role, you will participate in Board meetings, driving strategic initiatives through the business as part of the leadership team
- You will shape the long-term capabilities of the Operations function and its contribution to overall business strategy, by reconciling the commercial requirements with the required operational resources.
- By your example you will focus, motivate and energise the Operations teams across the two sites, in the West Country and in the North West, to deliver ‘best in class’ behaviours and performance across all production and engineering functions. By introducing world-class manufacturing principles, you will bring about a step-change progression in manufacturing output.
- You will develop processes and a large team of people to maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity; ensuring that H&S is at the forefront of the business needs.
You must have a demonstrable track record of contributing to growth and leading change, as a previous, successful multi-site Operations or Manufacturing Director; proven in delivering continuous improvements in a manufacturing environment.
- You will ideally be degree educated in a Business Management or Engineering related field, additionally with Lean and or/ Six Sigma experience (Black Belt)
- A background in a related Polymer Science/Advanced Materials/Textiles/FMCG would be advantageous, in such as a major B2B FMCG, Tobacco or related Chemicals Manufacturing or Packaging environment to date.
- A strong understanding of the key profit drivers in a manufacturing organization is important, as is being a strong negotiator of commercial contracts
We seek that extra special candidate, who is technically capable, action-orientated, commercially aware and possesses the ability to inspire, develop, direct and influence people at all levels and make complex processes simple.
If you believe you offer the requisite level of skills and experience, combined with the strong personal leadership style and hardworking approach critical for success in this role, we would like to hear from you quickly.
Role: Operations Director (Equity Buy-in opportunity) with responsibility for two sites
Location: West Country (with occasional travel to NW)
Salary: Attractive salary, benefits package + excellent incentive scheme
To apply, in the first instance please forward your CV quickly to Anita Caldwell at RMG, as the sole retained recruitment adviser for this position, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AC/12959/w
NO AGENCIES PLEASE