Global Business Development Associate
Retrogenix is a thriving and rapidly expanding UK-based biotechnology company. The company’s unique cell microarray technology is filling an unmet need in the global biopharmaceutical/drug discovery and academic market for identifying the receptors and drug targets and off-targets for a wide range of molecules, including antibodies, soluble proteins, CAR T cells. The technology has proven to be incredibly successful, such that Retrogenix is now working with most of the leading pharmaceutical companies, and many other drug discovery and academic clients. It has been presented and cited at international scientific conferences and has been published in many leading scientific journals, including Nature and Cancer Cell. Furthermore, Retrogenix has been two awarded two Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, the UK’s most prestigious business award.
Retrogenix’s current client base is international, spanning North America, and Europe, Middle East, Australasia, and the Far East. The latter is a rapidly emerging market for Retrogenix. In order to continue to grow quickly, we are creating an exciting position for a Global Business Development Associate with a focus on Europe, Middle East, Australasia and the Far East (EAFE), to work within our sales and business development team. Based at our new UK Peak District headquarters, this role will provide opportunities for travel to/from client sites and conferences in the EAFE region.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To identify and deliver new sales opportunities, with a focus on Europe, Israel, Australasia and the Far East.
Key activities and requirements in the Role:
- Using multiple approaches and platforms, identify new potential client leads, to fit in with current sales strategies, as defined by the company directors and/or territory business development manager(s). This role will focus on Europe, Israel, Australia and Far East (including South Korea, Japan and China).
- Establish dialogue with the above leads using email and verbal communication, generate and gauge interest by selling and ascertaining how Retrogenix can add value to their business.
- Progress new leads by arranging tele-/videoconferences, face-to-face meetings and visit programs with potential clients. The role holder may be expected to take part in visit programs, along with the territory Business Development Manager(s). International travel may therefore be required.
- Promote international business by attending, exhibiting and representing Retrogenix at relevant conferences and meetings.
- Adhere closely to, and if necessary, manage the company-wide CRM system, and maintain accurate records of all communications and activities.
- Follow-up with clients on client feedback, if any issues raised following projects.
- Work closely and effectively with the territory Business Development Manager(s), company directors, and the wider sales/business development team.
- Deliver accurate lead generation metrics to business development manager(s) and/or senior leadership team.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding Retrogenix’s intellectual property/know-how.
- Must be a highly-motivated, pro-active, confident self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Track record of consistently achieving or over-achieving targets.
- Ability to ask the right questions, and sell appropriate, clear, well-argued solutions.
- A sufficient understanding of the drug discovery process (especially biologics) and biological/medical science to be able to hold appropriate credible scientific and business discussions with drug discovery and academic clients at all levels.
- Demonstrated competence in using a wide range of IT platforms.
- A good degree level qualification in a biological science.
It would be advantageous to have:
- Experience of working within the pharma/biotech industry
Role: Global Business Development Associate
Location: Whaley Bridge, High Peak
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact our consultant Oliver Duke, quoting the reference OD/12510/w sending your CV including full career details, notice period and your current salary via email to: email@example.com or telephone 01928 711800 for an initial discussion.